Friday, September 26, 2008

Coleus Day!

Two weeks ago tonight, the Atlock Farm crew was wondering if the clouds and rain would banish themselves – and they did. A rainless, though quite humid, Coleus Day on September 13 brought out a couple of hundred attendees. Here are some pictures of the happy crowd who helped make the day a big success.

By the way, I didn’t take these pictures - I was going nonstop for all six hours, meeting and greeting and spreading the good word about coleus. Not wanting to miss out on capturing the moments, I asked a good friend of mine to take some shots with my camera. If you’re in one of these pictures and I haven’t identified you, please contact me at rayro@optonline.net. I’d like to meet you and introduce you to the rest of the audience.



Ken Selody, owner of Atlock Farm, “rang up” quite a few enthusiastic customers.



Here I am – on the left – getting ready to sign a copy of my book for two fellow coleophiles.



Greenhouse #60 showcased about 120 different, photo-worthy coleus that drew the crowds in.



Andrea Filippone’s daughters loved Myrtle the Wondercat, but who wouldn't?


I would have included more photos, but the vertical shots were posted horizontally on the preview, and the very nice shot of Joy Andress, my new coleus pal, wouldn't upload.

Technology: servant or master? If you're out there reading this and believe you might be able to help me with these ghosts in the machine, please contact me at rayro@optonline.net. Ditto with my problem of adding active links to other sites. Thanks!